7 Principles For A Winning Pitch To Sell Your Software
Delivering a great sales pitch is an essential tool for achieving your goals.
Here are 7 principles for a winning pitch to sell your software:
Have a short version: Prospects may only have 30min for your pitch. Have a short (5 to 15 min) presentation ready for brief meetings.
- One pitch = one customer profile: If your product solves a number of challenges, have several versions of your pitch for the different customer profiles.
- Back-up your statements: Provide statistics or case study results for credibility. Examples and facts should be backed up with data.
- Use storytelling techniques: Evoke an emotional response with storytelling. Use characters, a setting, a conflict, and the final resolution to wrap up your story.
- Describe success using your product: Paint the future of using your product to inspire change. Mention the problems you solve and focus on the benefits, not the features.
- Create a dialogue: A sales pitch is a conversation, not a monologue. Engage your prospect with open-ended questions, listen, and adjust your pitch.
Close with a CTA: Do not expect your prospect to define the next steps. Ensure he moves forward to the next step of the customer journey.
What is your approach to creating a winning sales pitch?